Child Support Help: Dealing with an Uncooperative Ex-Spouse

child support letters on top of dollar cashDivorce and legal separation can be difficult. It could hurt and bring disappointments to both parties. Once you get over it, however, you’ll realise the most important people involved — the kids. You and your ex-spouse should cooperate when it comes to raising your kids. The non-custodial parent needs to provide financial assistance, but there are times when that don’t happen, especially if the separation is not amicable.

What you need to do is to get your spouse to cooperate. If you’re looking for ways on how to deal with your ex-spouse, here are some things you need to do:

Try to reach out again

There should always be a second chance. Who knows, your ex-spouse may be going through something. Once again, ask if you can meet and discuss what needs to be discussed. Ask for reasons why they’re not cooperating. Things can be messy, but if you use the right words, they will not be.

Create an easy agreement

Once the ex-spouse has reached out to you, ask what makes the agreement difficult to follow through. If they tell you the reason, you might want to start adjusting. You may want to come up with a simpler compromise — the type where both of you can meet halfway.

Seek legal help

If none of the above works and your patience has been drained, maybe it’s time to take legal action. You may want to seek the help and assistance of reliable family lawyers in Townsville, as they can provide advice that will help you deal with the problem.

An uncooperative ex-spouse is the last thing you’d want to happen when it comes to child support. But remember, you need to do what’s best for your child to do what is necessary.